[scribus] Scannig problem

Ken Moffat kmoffat at drizzle.com
Fri Oct 1 01:11:49 CEST 2010

Just FYI: I have a very old Epson Perfection 1660 that is recognized by
Xsane in Debian. I do think I had to modify a config file (epson2.conf) in
the directory /etc/sane.d/, adding "usb" and "net autodiscovery" (with no
quotes.) but this is unique to my setup. You might have a look to see if
there is a config file for your manufacturer.

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:

> > Thanks for your reply Frank - BUT, as I said, my scanner is not
> > recognised -
> > in Ubuntu or in Mint - no lights, no noise, it's not recognised.
> > Logging out of either and back into Windows and it works fine.
> > Xsane says there is no scanner connected. I can print OK, but not
> > scan!
>

> Not a Scribus problem, and if it any comfort for you, I have
> Ubuntu-9.04 with xsane etc and it  happily finds my ancient Scanmaster
> X6
>
> I installed a beta of 10.10 and it had SimpleScan which did not
> recognise the scanner. I just haven't tried installing all the xsane
> stuff to see if the Scanmaster shows up
>
> As someone suggested, go to the Ubuntu forums, or maybe there is a
> SimpleScan forum.
>

> --
>
> Owen

Ken Moffat