[scribus] inconsistent quote marks, strange result, new install query

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 14:55:42 CET 2010

On 11/26/2010 08:38 AM, Jerry Halberstadt wrote:
> inconsistent quote marks
> The text is set in Optima DemiBold and controlled by paragraph styles.
> Within the same paragraph I find correct quote marks that match the
> chosen font, but I also see quote marks that are foreign, i.e., not from
> the same font, and looking more like a typewriter font. This happens
> with both single quote (') and double ("). Re-applying the style in
> "story editor" doesn't help.

If I understand you correctly, you should know that there is no
automatic conversion to typographic quotes in Scribus. There is a script
in 1.3.9svn called AutoQuote (based on the script in the wiki page
below) designed to convert typewriter to typographic quotation marks.
You might try that on a copy of your file and see if it fixes the problem.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Convert_Typewriter_Quotes_to_Typographic_Quotes

Greg