[scribus] inconsistent quote marks, strange result, new install query

Jerry Halberstadt subscriber at newtechpub.com
Fri Nov 26 14:38:06 CET 2010

inconsistent quote marks
The text is set in Optima DemiBold and controlled by paragraph styles.
Within the same paragraph I find correct quote marks that match the
chosen font, but I also see quote marks that are foreign, i.e., not from
the same font, and looking more like a typewriter font. This happens
with both single quote (') and double ("). Re-applying the style  in
"story editor" doesn't help.

 From the handbook of non-reproducible results:

Exported book to PDF. Page numbers from 9 and above garbled. Just to
track it down, exported again: no problem. Go figure...

Environment: Scribus 1.3.3.14, Win XP, sp3
(I'm waiting for the next rev 1.3.9 to come out.)

  new install query
To upgrade to 1.3.9. I expect to do this soon. Unlike 1.3.3.14, which
exports PDF even absent Ghostscript, I expect to need to install
Ghostscript. How do I select correct version of Ghostscript?

--
All the best,

Jerry
Jerry Halberstadt
"Seeing the story, making a difference."
* Photography * Writing * Publishing *Consulting
http://HealthyResources.com * http://www.NewTechPub.com
http://LivingWithAge.com * http://www.PhotoLuminations.com