[scribus] X and Y and basepoint

Bill208 repubo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 05:57:02 CET 2010

J Brown wrote:

> I am having trouble with Scribus printing.  I am doing greeting cards,
> and find that the margins and spacing I see on my display do not convert
> properly to my printer.  ......As it is, I have to print a number of
> drafts in order to get
> the position of the graphics correct.  I would like to be able to do
> this more accurately.  Otherwise, I love the program.  Thanks for any
> help.

I also occasionally do US letter size cards, two up in landscape view and
have had the same problem with what I set-up on the screen not printing
accurately, either directly from Scribus or a PDF. The entire design was
shifted to one side approximately 1/4 inch when printed.
The solution I found was to Export the file as an Image, which Scribus saves
as a PNG. (File/Export/Save as Image). This gives me very good
screen-to-paper reproduction and accurate color reproduction. I do still
have to make minor adjustments, but nothing as drastic as before. I'm using
Scribus 1.3.7 on a Mac running 10.5.8. The cardstock I use is Avery 8315
with my own "template".

Bill