[scribus] X and Y and basepoint

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 17:31:47 CET 2010

On 11/22/2010 10:56 AM, J Brown wrote:
> I am having trouble with Scribus printing. I am doing greeting cards,
> and find that the margins and spacing I see on my display do not convert
> properly to my printer. I have had this issue for some time, and have
> learned to export and print only from PDF, etc. When playing around with
> this some more, I notice that the setting of the basepoint changes the
> way the cards are printed, even though I see no change to position of
> graphics or text on my screen. Can someone explain exactly what
> basepoint does?

The basepoint is simply the reference location for the information in
X,Y,Z in Properties. Changing the basepoint should not change the
position of the frame itself, so something is not right. Since I've
never seen such behavior, it's hard to know what is going on.

You might try uploading the file to bugs.scribus.net to see if others
see the same issue with it.

Greg