[scribus] reader spreads

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Nov 20 15:11:17 CET 2010

On Saturday 20 November 2010 04:51:41 Michael King wrote:
> I am new to Scribus (version 1.3.8 for Mac) and am trying to lay
> out a book for PDF publication. It contains pictures which spread
> across double page spreads.In the past I have used InDesign and
> used master spreads for the double pages. When these were exported
> into PDF documents they appeared as reader's spreads - no gap in
> the middle. Scribus exports my double pages as two pages side by
> side with a small gap in-between; I have tried every export option
> for PDFs but nothing gets rid of these gaps. Is there a solution?

Remember that unless your book is saddle stitched a small amount of
paper will be used in the middle for binding. I suggest you discuss
with your printer this allowance.

Have you tried zero inside margins for your pages? Putting the halves
of the illo right at the inside edge?
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/