[scribus] reader spreads

Michael King virtualgarden at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 10:51:41 CET 2010

I am new to Scribus (version 1.3.8 for Mac) and am trying to lay out a book for PDF publication. It contains pictures which spread across double page spreads.In the past I have used InDesign and used master spreads for the double pages. When these were exported into PDF documents they appeared as reader's spreads - no gap in the middle. Scribus exports my double pages as two pages side by side with a small gap in-between; I have tried every export option for PDFs but nothing gets rid of these gaps. Is there a solution?