[scribus] List of words / references possible?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 22:29:56 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:56:54 -0500 (EST)
jwminer at accessvt.com dijo:

>I'm using these browsers in VectorLinux 6 Soho Deluxe. I've never
>seen a browser for Linux or Windows that did not have a Save As
>option for a file you could download. If you're not seeing it, I
>wonder if there is some security setting in your browser that is
>blocking file downloads. I think Internet Explorer now by default
>does not download files, but you can override this. I don't have
>Windows open on any computer right now, so I can't check. But in
>Linux, the right-click options in my Firefox and Opera are as I
>listed above.
>
>I don't know what operating system you're using. It it's Windows,
>perhaps your antivirus or antimalware app is blocking download
>options. Your Internet usage is severely limited if you can't
>download files of your choosing, so you might want to look into this
>and change it if you can.

Sorry, I must not have made something clear.

I am not clicking on the link in a browser. I am clicking on the URL
in John's e-mail, viewing the e-mail in Claws Mail, running on Fedora
13.

I have Claws Mail set to open an URL in a new tab in Firefox 3.6.
Normally this just works. If Firefox isn't running, clicking on the
link in the e-mail will launch Firefox, then open the link in a tab.

When I click on the URL in John's e-mail it does open the link in a
new tab in Firefox. The problem is that the page is blank. That is the
first time that this happened. I don't know why, except that it is
probably due to the numerous ad and popup blockers that I have had to
add to Firefox in order to preserve what remains of my sanity. They're
also necessary for the health of my computer because, if I didn't have
the ad and popup blockers, I'd likely take a 12-gauge to it.

Anyway, I have the file now, so the issue is not worth further
attention.