[scribus] List of words / references possible?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 07:09:46 CET 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:26:47 -0500 (EST)
jwminer at accessvt.com dijo:

>J. Jordan wrote:
>
>> I suppose all my questions are answered in the PDF that I couldn't
>> get.
>> When I click on the link Firefox opens a page that appears to be
>> trying
>> to open the PDF, but then it says "done" and nothing further
>> happens.
>>
>> I could use some further elucidation. Or if the PDF is < 8MB can you
>> e-mail it to me off-list? (My e-mail goes through a university
>> account
>> that limits attachments to 8 MB.)
>
>Don't open the link in a browser. Instead, right-click and save the
>linked document to your download folder. Then open the downloaded
>file with your PDF reader.
>
>I had no problem getting the PDF this way and it opened fine in xpdf.

I tried in both Firefox and Opera.

After right-clicking on the link I am presented with the options:

Open in a web browser
Copy URL

"Copy URL" is useless. "Open in a web browser" opens a page, which then
announces "done." The page is blank and no download option appears.

When I right click on the link I am not presented with any options
other than the above. There is no option to save the link to disk.

The filename is apparently tyro.pdf. I googled on that and found dozens
of files named tyro.pdf, including "the first extraterrestrial pdf
ebooks download."

If you have the correct file, can you send it to me off-list?