[scribus] "Cannot write to file" when exporting as PDF

Keith Abraham kabraham at gmx.com
Sun Nov 14 12:46:32 CET 2010

I seem to remember a bug I discovered in 1.3.3.13 relating to Scribus's
file manager losing it's way. My cure was to go back up the path until I
reached system level and then click down through the directories to the
appropriate directories. eg. in linux go up until  /home  /opt  /use etc
are accessible then back down to directory eg.
/home/scribus/layouts/file.pdf.

I don't know if this bug persists in 1.3.3.14. I always meant to report
it as a bug but I started to use 1.3.8 and it slipped my mind.

Keith