[scribus] Making Booklets with Laidout from inside Scribus

Tom Lechner lechner at aceweb.com
Mon Nov 15 01:13:49 CET 2010

Hi,

I've just released Laidout version 0.091, which includes a python
script for Scribus that lets you call up Laidout's new signature editor
to impose Scribus documents into booklets, calendars, and anything else
derived from certain kinds of folds.

You can see a video tutorial of this in action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biLrfyHMXzU

and a fuller demonstration of the editor here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=godPpd1RVHM

You can also grab the script here:
http://www.laidout.org/scribus

I haven't done very thorough testing of it, but it seems to mostly work
for files that I've thrown at it, which admitedly are not very complex.
The known deficiencies are that master pages are ignored, and images
whose bounds are not identical to their frames are a little funky
sometimes.

-Tom Lechner
http://www.laidout.org
http://www.tomlechner.com