[scribus] "Cannot write to file" when exporting as PDF

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 14:42:15 CET 2010

On 11/13/2010 07:53 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi bob,
>
>> I would like to add that I disproved the damaged .sla file theory by
>>> Scribus Export PDF only allows one to export back to the source
>>> folder containing the *.sla file. Hence, the folder must exist.

This is not true. You can choose where you want your PDF to go to. Maybe
try changing the directory that you want to export to will help.

> not really: you can export the pdf to any directory.
>
> depending on the version and the OS your using it may be that you can't export to directories with spaces in the path (or with non ASCII chars).
>
> afaik, this should not happen with no current version of scribus on any OS.
>

> but i have to few information to be really helpful, here...

Do you have Ghostscript? Does Scribus know where Ghostscript is? There
are some kinds of content which will require Ghostscript to process to
make the PDF.

Hint: if you can generate a barcode, you have Ghostscript and it's working.

Greg