[scribus] "Cannot write to file" when exporting as PDF

Bob Furber bob at steroidmicros.com
Sat Nov 13 20:22:20 CET 2010

Got it!

If anyone runs into this problem, manually pick out the path in the
"Save as PDF" -> Change button.

I tried to "Save as PDF" in:
C:/Users/Public/Documents/CBRA/Newsletter2010-2/Newsletter2010pg1b.pdf

..and got a "Cannot write file:
C:/Users/Public/Documents/CBRA/Newsletter2010-2/Newsletter2010pg1b.pdf"

I tried again and clicked the "Change" button to "Save As" and I got an
error along the lines "path does not exist on B:\".

I acknowledged the error and then navigated to folder
C:/Users/Public/Documents/CBRA/Newsletter2010-2/, set the "Compression
Quality" to Low, hit save and Scribus happily saved the file as a PDF.

I tried to replicate the error by editing the path/filename field to B:/
instead of C:/, hit the Save button and Scribus merrily ignored my edit
and saved the file to
"C:/Users/Public/Documents/CBRA/Newsletter2010-2/Newsletter2010pg1b.pdf".

Thanks for your help,

Bob Furber