[scribus] Problem with page numbers, new problem with table

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 15:25:51 CET 2010

On 11/12/2010 01:45 AM, matti.huomanen at pp.inet.fi wrote:
> Thanks, I found the lock and got rid of the unwanted fixed page number.
>
> Table
> problem, how do I get table lines visible? Can I merge cells to form only one
> cell?

The cells of a table are really just individual frames, grouped. The
only thing unique to the cells of a table versus a "regular" frame is
that you can specify different line characteristics for each cell and
select whether to apply them to all the borders of the cell.

The not obvious way to get at this is to hold down Shift+Alt, then click
on a cell to select an individual. (Don't ungroup the table)

Now if you go to the Line tab of Properties, you will see the option to
choose which of the sides to apply your line features to.

You can't merge cells in the usual sense, but once cells are ungrouped
you can enlarge or change the shape of individual cells. If you don't
ungroup you will change the dimensions of an entire row or column. You
can also change the type of frame to image or whatever.

Greg