[scribus] adding imposition tool to Scribus

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Mon Nov 1 12:27:08 CET 2010

> One of the differences between MSWin philosophy and Linux philosophy is
> that Linux, really a clone of Unix, depends heavily on pipelines where
> a pipeline connects several independent programs by a script. The
> above script is an example of this. Windows users can do the same,

Your script does not contain a single pipe from what I can see, it
uses temporary intermediate files:)

And I really think you should have a look at some of the PDF tools
that are linked from the wiki page on imposition tools. For booklet
imposition many of them are more than sufficient to replace
psutils-based script. I have used both Multivalent Impose as well as
Bookbinder, but I'd say jPDF Tweak looked very promising (what I
missed at a quick try was a way to save and reuse your own
impositions).

> except that the bat file facility in Windows won't take parameters in
> the same way that the above bash script does. So the names of the files
> would have to be written in the bat file explicitly.

No, that is wrong. BAT-files can take arguments too.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/percent.mspx?mfr=true

/Peter