[scribus] Where is the text frame word wrap code?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon May 31 20:52:06 CEST 2010

On Monday 31 May 2010 14:13:54 jwminer at accessvt.com wrote:

> > least effort.

> > TeX? A

> >> Indeed TeX, or any other markup language, would be far
easier

> > for me.
> >
> >> However the output of this program is not intended to go
> >
> > straight to print.
> >
> >> It will only generate the first draft of the document. There is
> >
> > long,
> >
> >> unpredictable editing process afterward. Our staff already
have a

> > wealth of
> >
> >> expereince using scribus for this editing process. If the
output
> >> of
> >
> > my
> >
> >> program isn't a scribus document, they will just continue to
work

> > manually.
> >
> >> Thanks for your suggestion. It just won't work for our
> >
> > organization in the
> >
> >> near future.
> >
> > And they can't learn how to edit text in a plain text document
> > using Vim or Emacs? I am pushing age 78 and I learn new
things
> > all the time.
>
> Please---Emacs is the ultimate geek program. I can't imagine
> expecting ANY normal person to learn Emacs. Even the name
gives me
> the shudders. When someone suggest using Emacs, I know
immediately
> that he/she and I live in different universes.<g>
>
> I suspect most Scribus users who are in it for desktop publishing
> are not bait for Emacs or vim--or TeX, for that matter. Do we
really
> want to scare them off?
> --Judy M.
>   USA

A TeX exit is on the icon bar of Scribus 1.5.0. Writing special code
for Scribus in Python or whatever scares ME off.  But to each his
own. If I worked in that shop I would have the problem solved
while the OP was still struggling with
PageItem_TextFrame::DrawObj_Item()
and the like.

I have many tools in my box. Scribus is an important one but not
the only one.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press