[scribus] CMYK format

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu May 27 15:10:56 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 21:28:42 Martina wrote:
> Submitted on 05/26/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Martina
>    Email Address: maier_martina at web.de
>    Subject: CMYK format
>    Message:
> Hello,
>
> i would need to create files in CMYK with the color profile „ISO
Coated v2
> (Fogra 39 L)“, because i have to send them to the print shop.
>
> How can I start a new document in cmyk and where can i found
the color
> profile mentioned above?
>
> How can I save them as tiff, png or jpeg files?
>
> Thank u very much for ur help. Greetings
> Martina
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.6
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: MacOS X
>      Version: 10.6.3
>      CPU type: Other/Don't know
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/436

I differ a bit from the others. First I start Scribus with no document.
I cancel the automatic document creation page. Then with no
document open I go to Edit->Colors. I select a cmyk palette, either
Scribus Open Office or my special variant of that with a "Rich
Black" having just 240% ink coverage. This is necessary to keep
printer LSI happy.

I select that color palette to be the default in the future.

Things start out in CMYK model. The colors may look a bit duller
than in RGB, but that is the real world of printing.  Of course the
computer shows things in RGB but it is an RGB color display with
the more limited gamut of CMYK.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press