[scribus] Scribus fails to install after nightmare 15 days attempting to install

Marcus merely.marcus at gmail.com
Wed May 12 18:15:40 CEST 2010

Submitted on 05/12/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Marcus
   Email Address: merely.marcus at gmail.com
   Subject: Scribus fails to install after nightmare 15 days attempting to
install
   Message:
I installed Scribus on my old G4 laptop in 2007 without a hitch and
flawlessly.
Scribus was still going strong when a freak power surge in the community
fried her.
Three years later, installing Scribus has been a nightmare fifteen days of
tracking down several obsolete Xcode versions dating from 1.1 through to
2.4.1 at Apple.com/installing
LillyPond/TeX/Pov-Ray/AquaTerm/Graphiz/Ghostwriter- also included in some
other bundle somewhere etc etc. We're talking hours of downloading and
searching for software to support Scribus only to have it crash each and
everytime I open it!

It does a nice job 'initialising', 'checking on fonts' and then BOOM! it
folds and disappears from my dock with no explanation. No indication whats
wrong, where the problem or what the issue is and how to resolve it. Does
anyone have any idea what the problem is? Any input appreciated.

  Am working on an iMac running Mac OS X 4.11 ppc

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.6
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: MacOS X
     Version: OS X 4.11 Tiger
     CPU type: PPC - PowerPC

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/424