[scribus] about page background

ROrtodox fecezmeul at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 13:54:11 CEST 2010

Hello, I'm new to the list. Been searching for answers on the database but have a question. Maybe it has been said already, if so send me an explicit link.

How can I add a page background.Someone said to use a new layer and set a color. Yes, it works, but it affect the clarity of the other images and text. Shell I use a PNG image and put all other stuff on that layer? Or open a full page polygon, color it and then insert everything on that polygon?

What does snap to grid means and other stuff like that, there are some video tutorials but they cover the basics. No one explains each menu functions.

Do you know whwn a new improved versions of Scribus will be released (as in user friendly :), like a COLOR function in the page properties )?