[scribus] Importing existing documents

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 04:43:20 CEST 2010

On 05/09/2010 09:51 PM, Gunther Steinberg wrote:
> Submitted on 05/10/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>     Name: Gunther Steinberg
>     Email Address: beagun27 at comcast.net
>     Subject: Importing existing documents
>     Message:
> I have a number of documents in MS Word .doc or ,rtf format, which include
> pictures .jpg format .
> When converting those to .pdf with  prin995, I get a .pdf document which is
> incompatible with Scribus.
> What is the problem
>
> My system is a Dell Optiplex 740 running Windows XP
>
>     About your Scribus program:
>       Version: 1.3.3.14
>       Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>       Build Date:
>     Your operating system and CPU:
>       Type: Windows
>       Version: WinXP
>       CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

When you say, "incompatible with Scribus" I would want you to understand
that at most, Scribus can load the first page of a PDF into an image
frame. Scribus cannot edit PDFs, it is for making them.

You might try uploading a smallish PDF to the bugs site:

http://bugs.scribus.net/main_page.php

to let people have a look at it.

Another alternative might be getting OpenOffice.org, loading the .doc or
.rtf, and making a PDF from there.

Greg