[scribus] Type1 Fonts

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 03:25:16 CEST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Mike <chappa-ai at msn.com> wrote:

> Submitted on 03/29/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>   Your contact information:
>     Name: Mike
>     Email Address: chappa-ai at msn.com
>   About your Scribus program:
>     Version: 1.3.3.13
>     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>     Build Date:
>   Your operating system and CPU:
>     Type: Windows
>     Version: 2000/XP
>     CPU type: 32bit  Intel/AMD (i386)
>   Your request content:
>     Subject: Type1 Fonts
>     Message:
> None of my installed Type1 fonts are selectable when trying to set the font
> for text in Scribus.  User manual and online Help doesn't give much
> attention
> to Type1 fonts except commenting that they're supported.  Is this a known
> issue or am I missing some trick to get this to work?  I'd rather use my
> installed Adobe Type1 fonts instead of looking for TrueType "equivalents"
> on
> the net.
>
> i use windows xp pro 2ghz turion64.  i have over 3000 fonts on my machine
and i have no problems seeing all of my installed fonts in scribus.

are you sure you installed your fonts correctly?  have you uninstalled and
installed scribus again?

i have that problem with my scanner software with regards to seeing a late
installed color profile.  so it could be the current install of scribus
causing your problem.  try uninstalling and doing a fresh install of scribus
and see if that doesn't solve your problem.

cheers,
dwain
--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  Benjamin Franklin