[scribus] PDF error "An error exists on this page"

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Thu Mar 25 14:11:26 CET 2010

Hi all,

I am using the 1.3.3.14 stable release of Scribus on Windows XP SP3.

I recently made some adjustments to a Scribus document and exported it
to PDF. No problems saving or opening the *.sla file in Scribus, and the
Prelight Verifier did not return any issues (at least not for the PDF
1.5 format, I do have some transparencies).

When I tried to print the document, after having it printed and closing
the print dialog in Adobe Reader, Adobe Reader returned an "an error
exists on this page" warning, including a message that some elements
might not be displayed correctly (all did).

I haven't had this before with previous versions of the Scribus document
and exported PDF's, but it seems a quite common error with PDF documents
when I Google for the error, but little clue's as to how to solve it.

How do I find out what is wrong with the Scribus document? Any good way
to find a problematic "object" in Scribus (except Preflight Verifier,
which didn't turn up anything)?

Marco