[scribus] alignment of text frames after inserting a new page

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Mar 6 15:27:27 CET 2010

hi ian

> I had a look at the script at
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Align_to_left_page_margin but being
> a new user of Scribus I'm afraid it makes no sense to me. Any chance
> of a guide on using this or a pointer to a Tutorial?

i've copied the howto from my mail to the wiki...

the short version of the tutorial for the current version is:
- select the first element which is misplaced (and which should be aligned to the left margin)
- run the script

> Again - from left field....... Could an answer not be found in
> working with the left and/or right margins? These are set in the
> Master Pages so all we would need is a way to position onto these. Am
> I being simple.... but it sounds logical to me!
>
> My Publication however is a Landscape, three column layout and I
> would think this would complicate the process even more. (Thought....
> is it possible to mimic the manual method I use - ie Block Select the
> entire page then move until it snaps to the Margin Guide?????)

the script i wrote won't work for your case.

i will put an updated version (or a second one) in the wiki which works for a three column layout.

it will probably be online this evening...

ciao
a.l.e