[scribus] Colour Management, etc

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 18:19:26 CEST 2010

On 06/23/2010 11:45 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> My sister sent me the link to this software as I am trying to set up labels for my business and want to do labels as well to cover handcrafted soaps.   So, I do have a specific purpose for getting this to work.   I want to be able to make oval labels to print out and I am at the point where I can click on a circle shape and get it to become an oval but for the life of me can not work the colours??
>
> Hold your horses. If you are going to do labels I really suggest that
> you try Inkscape first. I don't think it is necessary to learn Scribus
> for that, Inkscape is generally more inutitive.

I don't think I can agree with the sentiment that Inkscape = easy
(intuitive) and Scribus = hard (nonintuitive).

I don't find Inkscape especially intuitive at all. It's certainly easy
to just begin clicking and do stuff on the page, but there are a
dizzying number of widgets and gadgets and rather obtuse menu items.

I think we're  pretty tolerant of people having their opinions here, but
that doesn't mean we're happy about people using this ML to tout the
benefits of Inkscape or TeX or whatever over Scribus.

It's something like being invited to dinner at a person's home and then
talking about how good the food was somewhere else.

Greg