[scribus] Colour Management, etc

carolekn199 at aol.com carolekn199 at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 13:56:00 CEST 2010

Hello All,

I am as new as Dori...

I have read the basics and still trying to figure out the software.  I have read the basics and installed the Ghostscript fonts that it says that I need.

My sister sent me the link to this software as I am trying to set up labels for my business and want to do labels as well to cover handcrafted soaps.   So, I do have a specific purpose for getting this to work.   I want to be able to make oval labels to print out and I am at the point where I can click on a circle shape and get it to become an oval but for the life of me can not work the colours??

 I have been reading Colour Management and after a few days I need to walk away and breath!  :(

Now, I would like a soft aqua in the oval and then text on top of that to set up a page full of ovals and perhaps other type labels as well.

Is there such a book as - Scribus for Dummies??    LOL    I suppose you have been asked this before...
I know this is not a word processor but a page layout program but can I not make labels on this worksheet layout?

I know I need to save the pic I want to use as a .tiff so that when it is resized it will not distort.  But, I still am having difficulty in this area..

Bottom line is the price is right for the program and I have read so many wonderful things about this program's capabilities...  I just can't seem to get it to do what I need...   :(

Thank you for listening to me  whine....

Carole in Pennsylvania

www.cknsoaps.com
Natural Bath & Body Products
www.carolekn199.etsy.com
Please stop by and leave my shop a heart? <3