[scribus] cannot open or load data

Jeannette Andres jeannette.andres at gmx.net
Thu Jul 29 20:54:36 CEST 2010

hi!

yes, it's a scribus file I want to open.
I also tried to IMPORT an EPS, but scribus does not show my files for
import (though they are there).
the "open" or "import" window is just empty except for the icon "My
Computer", which cannot be double-clicked. In the smaller slot in the
"import" window, I do see the path of the folder with my images, but
these images and also the folder do not show up in the big window below,
so I cannot select anything for import.

I do not open the file over a network.
btw, I worked with scribus-documents on another computer and things went
just fine. but unfortunately not on my own computer.:(
I've also un-and re-installed scribus (now version 1.3.8) already: no
improvement.

regards, Jeannette