[scribus] cannot open or load data

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jul 29 20:11:11 CEST 2010

On Thursday 29 July 2010 13:20:17 Jeannette Andres wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> when trying to open a file or import a picture, scribus does not offer
> me any files to chose from in the larger window. i do see the path of
> the file and can also change the path in the smaller window "look in",
> but in the window below no files for double click occur. same for
> not displayed. (it only says "my computer", but even that is no choice
> as double clicking doesn't work).
>
> help would be much appreciated!
>
> Jeanny

What OS do you use? What version of Scribus? In Scribus 1.3.7 initially I can
only OPEN a Scribus (sla suffix file). I can also IMPORT a vector file to place
on a document already open. This is how I bring in eps files.

Within a graphic frame on a document I can bring in various file types with
the "Get Image" command. Right click on the image frame to get to this
command. Note that this is NOT the right way to bring in eps  or svg files.
See above.

Within a text frame I can bring in text of course from various types of
documents. Again you must right click on the text frame and choose
"Get text".

In each case only files that are eligible to be imported should show in the
selection window.

I hope this helps.

--
John Culleton