[scribus] cannot open or load data

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jul 29 19:38:54 CEST 2010

hi jeannette,

> when trying to open a file or import a picture, scribus does not
> offer me any files to chose from in the larger window. i do see the
> path of the file and can also change the path in the smaller window
> "look in", but in the window below no files for double click occur.
> same for loading images: i am not able to chose any images for import
> as they are not displayed. (it only says "my computer", but even that
> is no choice as double clicking doesn't work).

what kind of file do you want to open? are you aware of the fact that scribus can only "open" scribus files?

are you trying to open PDFs? images? ODT files?
in that case you should "import" then and not open them!

there are also known problems when trying to open files over the network... but i'm not sure this is your case...

ciao
a.l.e