[scribus] auto import mass text

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jul 6 22:39:20 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 08:44:36 Davide Marchi wrote:
> [..]
>
> > I don't know what he finds deficient in Scribus text
handling.
> > He can set up linked frames etc. an import his text. But
he
> > can answer that better than I.
> > --
> > John Culleton
>
> no, no deficient in Scribus text handling.
> the fact is that they are different people working on the
text and
> these changes have not familiarity with Scribus,
> I am also seeing a layout with Scribus, I prefer that no one
besides
> me operate on file with the risk, not knowing Scribus to
change
> sensitives parameters...
> ...and further complicate things do not all live in the same
city

> [..]
>
> > you can't do it directly with scribus... but you can write
a script
> > which will export all the text and another script which
will import it.

> ...WOW!!!
>
> > this will only work if you have not used advanced
formatting in the
> > frames (looking at the pdf you have sent i hope you
only used different
> > text sizes...)
>
> only font kind and size...
>
> > if you can't find somebody writing the scipt for you,
>
> ..GHH!!
>
> >  i think i can do it this evening...
>
> ..!!!!
>
> >  but you will have to send me per mail the same part of
your book as a
> > sla to make sure that i meet your needs (i don't need
the images nor the
> > fonts; and i can only make sure that the script works for
the parts i
> > have seen!)
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e
>
> ok, Ale i send to yu a part of "sla"
>
> many many thanks!!
>
> PS
> I had already planned a particular note for appreciation
tail, now as
> well as to Scribus I'll add one for its mailing list ;-)
>
> ciao!

I still don't see the problem. If author A submits the text for
e.g, page 11 to you then you can just import that text into
the text frames for page 11, using a style that includes your
chosen font. The text has to be associated with a specific
page I would presume.

Or if you don't need to associate specific text with a specific
page you can just ask that all text be submitted in plain text
form in one file.  Then you can import it into linked text
frames.

What am I missing?

--
John Culleton