[scribus] auto import mass text

Davide Marchi danjde at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 14:44:36 CEST 2010

[..]

> I don't know what he finds deficient in Scribus text handling.
> He can set up linked frames etc. an import his text. But he
> can answer that better than I.
> --
> John Culleton

no, no deficient in Scribus text handling.
the fact is that they are different people working on the text and
these changes have not familiarity with Scribus,
I am also seeing a layout with Scribus, I prefer that no one besides
me operate on file with the risk, not knowing Scribus to change
sensitives parameters...
...and further complicate things do not all live in the same city

[..]
> you can't do it directly with scribus... but you can write a script
> which will export all the text and another script which will import it.

...WOW!!!

> this will only work if you have not used advanced formatting in the
> frames (looking at the pdf you have sent i hope you only used different
> text sizes...)

only font kind and size...

> if you can't find somebody writing the scipt for you,

..GHH!!

>  i think i can do it this evening...

..!!!!

>  but you will have to send me per mail the same part of your book as a sla to make sure that i meet your needs (i don't need
> the images nor the fonts; and i can only make sure that the script
> works for the parts i have seen!)
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

ok, Ale i send to yu a part of "sla"

many many thanks!!

PS
I had already planned a particular note for appreciation tail, now as
well as to Scribus I'll add one for its mailing list ;-)

ciao!