[scribus] auto import mass text

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jul 6 23:09:33 CEST 2010

hi john,

> > no, no deficient in Scribus text handling.
> > the fact is that they are different people working on the
> text and
> > these changes have not familiarity with Scribus,
> > I am also seeing a layout with Scribus, I prefer that no one
> besides
> > me operate on file with the risk, not knowing Scribus to
> change
> > sensitives parameters...
> > ...and further complicate things do not all live in the same
> city

i hope
that they can manage to work around the tags i'm inserting in the text file...

please ask me for changes on that matter if you have an idea how i could "better" save the formatting...

> still don't see the problem. If author A submits the text for
> e.g, page 11 to you then you can just import that text into
> the text frames for page 11, using a style that includes your
> chosen font. The text has to be associated with a specific
> page I would presume.
>
> Or if you don't need to associate specific text with a specific
> page you can just ask that all text be submitted in plain text
> form in one file.  Then you can import it into linked text
> frames.
>
> What am I missing?

most text frames only contain one sentence.

there are several frames per page.

i guess it's more about giving the text to proof readers... or a some similar task...

ciao
a.l.e