[scribus] Arrows and lines

Stewart Noy windrunner at mweb.co.za
Sat Jul 3 17:12:38 CEST 2010

Gregory Pittman-3 wrote:

> Actually this never was a "feature", but what you see on the wiki is a
> workaround that used to work. Now when you apply a line style, the arrow
> size changes according to the line thickness of the style, so I guess
> someone else might say it's been fixed.
>
> An alternate workaround could be to create a line with a length of 1-pt
> (some nominal value), then attach an arrow. Then you could put this at
> the end of a line and adjust the line size/color and arrow size/color
> independently. Using the spinboxes in Properties will help you place the
> arrows with precision and consistency, and of course grouping and
> copying will save work too.

Right, thanks for the info. Don't you think however that it was in fact
better, as it gave you the option of adjusting the arrow head independantly
from the line? Now your options are fairly limited in comparison.
Also, the problem with with creating two lines/arrows as you suggested is
that when you have a line that bends, you have to put in quite a bit of work
to ensure that the arrow head follows the same contour as the line,
otherwise it just looks untidy - yeah you guessed it I have hundreds of
arrows in my book.. :-)

Do you perhaps know what version of Scribus still has that 'feature'?

Stewart