[scribus] Arrows and lines

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 15:54:26 CEST 2010

On 07/03/2010 09:03 AM, Stewart Noy wrote:

> Hi all, it seems at some point a certain Scribus feature relating to Arrow
> Heads has been removed?
>
> Specifically - the option to adjust an arrow head size independantly from
> the line width.
>
> You can find the feature described here:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Lines_and_Arrows
>
> This put's me in a bit of a pickle, as I need this function. Am I missing
> something or has it been removed with one of the updates along the way?
> I have tested it with 1.3.3.13, 1.3.3.14 and 1.3.7 all with the same
> results.
>
> Any suggestions?

Actually this never was a "feature", but what you see on the wiki is a
workaround that used to work. Now when you apply a line style, the arrow
size changes according to the line thickness of the style, so I guess
someone else might say it's been fixed.

An alternate workaround could be to create a line with a length of 1-pt
(some nominal value), then attach an arrow. Then you could put this at
the end of a line and adjust the line size/color and arrow size/color
independently. Using the spinboxes in Properties will help you place the
arrows with precision and consistency, and of course grouping and
copying will save work too.

I'll append/edit the wiki page when I get a chance.

Greg