[scribus] 64 bit/ another ghostscript question

Marilyn A. Apfel, PhD maapfel at xfda.com
Thu Jan 28 21:36:00 CET 2010

Greetings!

I am a new Scribus user and also not very computer savvy.  Here are my questions:

 1) Do I need to uninstall Scribus before installing Ghostscript?

 2) I have been given these two pieces of information (below) for a 64 bit HP.  I have been trying to get this to work.  Perhaps I have to download it to a specific place.  One time I did this it said that the format was not correct.

I would appreciate help with this.  Thanks!

http://ghostscript.com/releases/ghostscript-8.64.tar.bz2Windows XP x64 edition, 2003 or Vista (64-bit)

The x64 self-extracting archive is normally named gs###w64.exe This is for 64-bit Windows operating systems based on the x64 instruction set.

Marilyn A. Apfel, PhD
COO
xFDA, LLC
301-567-3233
301-567-3234 fax
301-379-2154 cell
9611 Potomac Drive
Fort Washington, MD 20744

Test the strength of your patent for $2,500 – a small price to protect your most valuable asset.
PatentProtectPlus