[scribus] Message on downloading

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jan 28 16:35:50 CET 2010

hi jennifer,

> Whilst downloading SCRIBUS a message came up that  said "The
> following programs are missing: Ghostscript: You cannot use EPS
> images or Print Preview"  .
> Not being  very knowledgable with technical things [sigh] I don't know
> what EPD is but Print Preview is something I would need most certainly.
> Many thanks for your help in being able to use what looks like a great
> program in
> SCRIBUS. [I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8
> Jennifer

if you don't plan to use eps (or ps) images in your scribus file, you
may safely ignore the warning.

instead of using the print preview, you will then have to use the pdf
generation (which is also a better way to check your documents: if you
will print in a printshop (or on another computer) you will probably
create a pdf and bring it to them).

if you notice that you really need ghostcript in your workflow, you will
be able to install it then.

have fun
a.l.e