[scribus] 64 bit/ another ghostscript question

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Thu Jan 28 22:18:57 CET 2010

Marilyn A. wrote:
>  2) I have been given these two pieces of information (below) for a
> 64 bit HP.  I have been trying to get this to work.  Perhaps I have
> to download it to a specific place.  One time I did this it said
> that the format was not correct.

> http://ghostscript.com/releases/ghostscript-8.64.tar.bz2Windows XP
> x64 edition, 2003 or Vista (64-bit)
>
> The x64 self-extracting archive is normally named gs###w64.exe This
> is for 64-bit Windows operating systems based on the x64 instruction

Are you using a 64-bit version of Windows? Just because your
computer is 64-bit does not mean its operating system is 64-bit, nor
does it need to be. Do not get a 64-bit version of GhostScript or
anything else if your operating system is 32-bit.

If you're not sure about the "bit" of your OS, right-click on "My
Computer" or "Computer" and then on Properties and the screen that
comes up should tell you whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit.

--Judy M.
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 Standard, Deluxe Edition