[scribus] selecting with ease and power

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jan 26 12:48:13 CET 2010

hi jluc,

> With some other DTP tools, ALL boxes
> that come across the selection rectangle are selected
> even if all sides are not completely inside the rectangle.

imho, the goal of scribus should be:
- do it well.
- do it in a similar way as the other free graphics tools.

simply copying other DTP tools should be the last criterium...

in this case, the priority is imho, that inkscape and scribus do it the
same way (and this seems to be currently the case).

so the next question for me is: what are the pro and contra to selecting
in a greedy way?
(on top of the ease of selecting multiple near elements)

ciao
a.l.e