[scribus] Reducing PDF file size

Ian Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Tue Jan 26 11:43:51 CET 2010

Hi All

Thanks for the input from JLuc!!!

He said..."I tried to print your file through "PDFCreator" pdf printer
driver, at 72 dpi which is perfect for screen display and it produced a
1,77Mb file (when the original was 5,5Mb).

That is very easy to do so why bother using ps and complex command line
tools?"

I wrote to him asking if he used the Windows PDFCreator or the Linux
iPDFCreator but did not get a reply. So this morning I looked at both
programs - did not manage to get too far with installing the Linux one
so gave the Windows one a go.

IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!!!

I'm unhappy about having to move back to Windows to do this but IT WORKS
and that's the most important thing!!

Thanks JLuc!!!

Ian