[scribus] selecting with ease and power

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Jan 26 16:19:40 CET 2010

Le 26/01/2010 11:37, Owen a écrit :
> a. Does Edit->"Advanced Select All" (Ctrl+Alt+A) help your selection
Thanks, i'd never used that tool and it might help in some cases !

> b. I think it is a good idea to use layers for complicated object
> arrangement (and therefore selection)
It would only little help if all doesnt fit on screen initialy.

sveinki a écrit aussi :
> Selection rectangle from left-to-right selects only those objects completely 'surrounded' by the rectangle, and a selection rectangle from right-to-left selects all objects which are 'touched' by the rectangle area. The direction of these selection methods is swappable.
Yes, however some SHIFT or CTRL modifier might be less unusual for such a feature
when not in conflict with other selection-editing feature ?

ale a écrit ensuite :
> what are the pro and contra to selecting in a greedy way?
> (on top of the ease of selecting multiple near elements)
I mentioned 2 disadvantages of the ungreedy way :
- need to make BIG mouse gestures instead of small ones,
   leading sometime to :
- need to zoom out first, so as to see the whole of the desired boxes
   or click click click click click ...

I can see one drawback with the greedy rectangle :
- need to unselect some of the too many selected boxes
   - and maybe it is more difficult than selecting ? -

JLuc