[scribus] Extrange bus on Scribus.

Richard eyelagui at adinet.com.uy
Mon Jan 25 18:10:42 CET 2010

I'm sorry Gregory... but... ¿WHAT?
Click and drag impossible?.... ¿since when?
tricky?, what?...

If i draw a selection rectangle around 4 objects i have to end with 4
selected objects.... is stupid to consider this is a hard, tricky or
extrange task since that is the behavior any other program you have ever
used has.

CorelDraw, Pagemaker, OpenOffice Draw.... any other program DOES NOT
selects ANY object outside the drawed(selection) box.

I repeat, if you work with 40 objects per page, and other 20 or 40
objects outside the page.... and you select 10 or 20 objects, Scribus
marks as selected EVERY OTHER object OUTSIDE the selection box AND
outside the page but at the same "altitude" that selected ones.
So, if i have to select 20 objects from 40 ONE BY ONE each time, Scribus
is really an annoying tool.

I had to make this animations so you can see the cyan colored selection
rectangle, and the next frame the ressult of THAT selection rectangle
ONLY in Scribus.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/83/error1.gif

This is a normal behavior, but only when selecting 1 or 2 objects.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/263/noerror1.gif