[scribus] Tagged PDF (was Re: Making an eBook with Scribus)

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 07:09:30 CET 2010

Yes so far Scribus is the only DTP app that I have found where you can
create PDF forms complete with JavaScript actions. As far as I can
detect there are no setting for getting a tagged PDF out of Scribus.
At least not yet. I wonder if there are plans to implement that
capability for future releases. I have only tried once to add tags to
a PDF I exported from Scribus and it was disastrous. I have been
trying to tag after the fact in Acrobat Professional a number of times
over the past 9 years and most of the time the results were not very
successful. Just last week was the first time I got some successful
tagged PDF after the documents produced by adding them in Acrobat.
Scribus I think leans foremost in the direction of print documents
more than for online PDF. Most of what I do is for online viewing and
printing from desktop printers.