[scribus] degenerate objects

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 6 17:53:59 CET 2010

On 02/06/2010 11:42 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
> This topic reminded me of something I though about: Wouldn't a nice
> feature be the be able to apply an exception for the pre-flight check?
>
> For example if i KNOW that an image has a low resolution, because it
> intentionally has been made in that resolution, it's a pain to always
> get that warning when creating a PDF.
>
> The exception would then for example store the properties of the
> object and as long as the properties were not changed the pre-flight
> check would skip that object.
>
> (The way I solved it now was to just open the image in Gimp and
> upsamle to a higher resolution, but a "Yes I know, don't remind med"
> option would be nice.)

I think this is a milder version of the idea of shutting off warnings
altogether.
You should always see these warnings - in your scenario, you may have
forgotten that you used a low-res version of an image, and need that
reminder. You should get used to seeing the warnings, and learning what
they mean. Something like the resolution of an image is not only clearly
stated, but easy to ignore.
Scribus comes from a point-of-view of people putting out work for a
professional printer, where not getting simple warnings can be costly or
embarrassing.
Don't worry, the verifier is not making any judgment about you and the
work that you do.

Greg