[scribus] Error importing svg files.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Feb 5 19:18:02 CET 2010

hi richard,

> I'm trying to import a file just created with Inkscape wich only has
> a logo made on curves, and is not too complex....
>
> I have recently started to use 1.3.5 since 1.3.3.13 was a bit too
> annoying on some stuff.... now this.
>
> Is only me not knowing how to import today a svg file on "new"
> scribus or is something that goes wrong on Scribus?

file > import > get vector file ...

> I was also trying to import other logos, that are already on the
> document, but have been imported while working with 1.3.3.13...
> This logos, that already have a copy inside my book cant be imported
> neither, so is not something about the svg i`m trying to import, it
> is something about Scribus and importing .svg files.

it's hard to tell without seeing the files...

what goes wrong?

one thing, you should do is: save the file as plain svg and not inkscape svg.

if the logos could be imported with 1.3.3.13, they should indeed work with 1.3.5.1, which has much improved its svg import...

ciao
a.l.e