[scribus] Is 1.5.0 the latest and greatest?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 17:45:20 CET 2010

On 02/03/2010 10:55 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> Since the manual doesn't cover X/1-a and since the X/3  standard bears little
> relationship to X/1-a I didn't think to look there.  BTW the manual is a bit
> ambiguous, suggesting but not insisting that the "Info String" box on the
> prepress tab contain data.
>
> Now I know the answer. But what about the next guy? If the "Save" button was
> left active but an error message popped up if it was pressed that would be
> more foolproof. (I am one fool who would have appreciated that approach.)
>
> I apologize for the many posts I made earlier asking when the X/1-a format
> would be available.  It was hidden in plain sight.

We know you have a point-of-view, John, but we do appreciate your posts,
since negative feedback helps us try to make documentation better - we
know you wouldn't tell us these things if you didn't care.

Christoph and I are in the process of trying to improve the utility of
the online manual, and soon we will be working on the 2nd edition of the
manual, so these kinds of suggestions will be considered and answered.

My sense of the direction we're going is that the online information
will be more comprehensive yet utilitarian, the manual will be
comprehensive and also delve into various DTP-related issues that we see
come up in our discussions with various users. It's not enough just to
understand Scribus operationally, you need to understand its context in
the print and publishing world (both print and online).

Thanks.

Greg