[scribus] Is 1.5.0 the latest and greatest?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Feb 3 16:55:02 CET 2010

On Tuesday 02 February 2010 19:14:34 Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 2. Februar 2010 20:08:31 schrieb John Culleton:
> > On Tuesday 02 February 2010 07:45:43 Thach Tran wrote:
> > > Just to be sure, have you written something in the "Info String" text
> > > box, under "Pre-press" tab in the export PDF dialog? This Info String
> > > is required in all flavours of PDF/X.
> >
> > That is the ticket.  That ends months of trying.  It needs to be
> > highlighted somewhere.
>
> Manual, p. 283 ;)
>
> Christoph

Since the manual doesn't cover X/1-a and since the X/3  standard bears little
relationship to X/1-a I didn't think to look there.  BTW the manual is a bit
ambiguous, suggesting but not insisting that the "Info String" box on the
prepress tab contain data.

Now I know the answer. But what about the next guy? If the "Save" button was
left active but an error message popped up if it was pressed that would be
more foolproof. (I am one fool who would have appreciated that approach.)

I apologize for the many posts I made earlier asking when the X/1-a format
would be available.  It was hidden in plain sight.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"