[scribus] Best practice: creating a template

Peter Palmreuther pitpalme+scribus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 13:29:27 CET 2010

Hello,

answering to myself, just for the record and future readers to maybe profit
from it ...

On 12/28/10 11:46 pm, Peter Palmreuther wrote:
> The first thing I stuck with is where to put the template. I don't want to
> mess with 'Scribus.app' directory on my Mac. Nor do I want to put it to any
> Scribus program directory on Windows, which will be the platform others will
> be using. What's the predefined, no extra configuration needed, directories
> Scribus searched for plugins? I thought putting the .SLA to
>
> ${HOME}/Library/Preferences/Scribus/templates
>
> would work, but it doesn't.

Here we go. I've had to create a folder in this location. This folder had to
contain .SLA, thumbnail and preview images and a file named "template.xml".
The basic format of "template.xml" can be (among other locations) seen here:

<url:http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Official:Translation_Howto#Translating_Templates>

So part one answered ...
--
Best regards,