[scribus] Scribus 1.3.8 bug (I think)...

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Thu Dec 23 05:58:03 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:30 PM, David A. McDow <dmcdow at gmail.com> wrote:

> I read with great interest that thread and could not follow the
> uninterrupted steps to install it.  I have been waiting in the wings hoping
> that there would be a follow-up comprehensive step-by-step "How to install",
> but have not seen one.  I wonder if it is possible to post a "Cliff Notes"
> version for installing 1.3.9 in Ubuntu 10.10.
>
> I greatly appreciate any information,
> David A. McDow

I am running 1.3.9 on Ubuntu 10.10 currently.  There is no difficulty
installing it.  Just go to Applications-> Ubuntu Software Center and pull up
the dialog.  Put Scribus in the search box and you'll see four or more
files.   Highlight Scribus-NG and press the Install button.  When it
completes, you'll have 1.3.9 installed and working on your computer.  Be
advised that the stable version of Scribus is 1.3.3.14 while the Scribus-NG
version is 1.3.9.  This is a change within the last couple of weeks, so it
you installed the NG version more that two weeks ago, you installed 1.3.8.

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Walkertown, NC  USA