[scribus] Get Vector File on right-click?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 03:08:43 CET 2010

On 12/17/2010 08:33 PM, Barry McKenna wrote:
> Windows2000/sp4
> v1.3.9
>
> Are there plans to put a right-click menu item for Get Vector File with
> Get Image, to complement the File drop down with Get Vector File under
> Import?

I guess what you mean relates to right-clicking an image frame. You can
certainly get a vector file this way even now, but this will be
rasterized for the image frame (converted to bitmap). Importing a vector
file doesn't use a frame of any kind.

Perhaps the words might be changed, but actually if you right-click a
page outside of a frame, you will get a different context menu that
contains an item "Paste File" that does indeed apply to various vector
image formats.

> I'm thrilled to be able to use my own generated (my own program,
> developed by me) svg files.
>
> Also, I get a warning about the file containing some unsupported
> features on attempting to open my svg files which are approved with no
> errors on w3.org svg validator.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a problem with actual import or display or
> convert to pdf, but I got the same warning in 1.3.6 also.

This is a generic message with SVGs, really meant to be a warning that
some features of SVGs /might/ not be supported, but well-established
features usually are.

Greg