[scribus] Windows versions.

Nick Vettese saprod_sj at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 20:53:57 CET 2010

There is nothing Neanderthal about XP.  It may have come to it's EOL, but that
will not stop a majority of the people using it to get up and get out.
Businesses and Corporations spent a lot of money on the hardware, software and
their staff to have this OS and it's software supported for a long time.  After
the Vista downfall, many companies are hesitant to move forward using MS OSes.

Not only that, Microsoft's own downgrade program tells us that even they do not
believe there is a stronger Windows than XP, but their business needs to move
forward as well.  MS put the axe to Vista and 7 with their downgrade offer, and
because of this, word of mouth will continue to spread the disease.  Not only
that, but MS has already announce that their next version of Windows will be
unlike anything that has been offered before.  So there is another reason that
will slow the upgrade paths of XP users.

I will almost guarantee that the next version of Windows will see the
abandonment of XP in an Exodus.  People are fearful, both with the economy, but
most importantly, MS telling them the software is not good enough (or as good as
XP).

Nick