[scribus] Limited colour palette in 1.3.9

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Dec 12 17:07:52 CET 2010

On Friday 10 December 2010 01:20:36 a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>
> > > The coluor palette in 1.3.9 is very small, unlike all the
> > > colours in version 1.3.3.14.
> > >
> > > I have installed ICC profiles and activated colout management -
> > > has this affected how many colours are available? Also in the
> > > colours that are available some have a small triangle alert
> > > sign next to it - what does this mean?
> > >
> > > I'm trying to change the colour of the text in a heading to a
> > > pale grey and there is no grey available to select at all.
> > >
> > > Please can someone shed some light on this for me.
> >
> > Hi Lisa,
> >
> > Scribus still has a number of palettes, and an enlarging number
> > at that.
> >
> > Here is the "trick":
> >
> > With no document open, go to Edit > Colors. Now you will see an
> > ability to choose a Color Set to your liking, one of which will
> > be the one you're used to from 1.3.3.14, plus quite a number of
> > others.
>
> i have one question to you (plural).
>
> we keep on reading about people looking for a larger color palettes
> -- in most cases simply because they were used to have them in
> previous versions of scribus.
>
> the answers given mostly focus on how to activate larger palettes.
>
> in relation to your own workflow, shouldn't we rather explain them
> how to create new colors from the full set? and shouldn't scribus
> rather try to make it even easier for them to find out about
> creating new colors?
>

> ciao
> a.l.e

I find creating a new color no big problem once I close the current
document and get to edit-> colors. You select a color at random and
then click on "Add". A screen appears where you can create and name a
new cmyk color. Of course you need to know what cmyk means. The
Galaxy Gauge Color Map Pro gives you a nice set of choices, including
several rich blacks.

It would be nice if one could edit colors/palettes with a document
active.
 It would be nice if "Add" were active even though you haven't clicked
on a color at random.
 It would be nice if the default color palette were a big one like
Scribus Office. That would reduce a lot of traffic on this list.
--
John Culleton,
 typesetting and indexing http://wexfordpress.com